Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
- Create a gift query to pull the appropriate gifts. If you want to only pull gifts that are matched, on the Criteria tab, select Matching Gifts, Matched by not blank.
- Run Donor Acknowledgement Letters using the query created in step 1. Select the appropriate fields on the Fields tab including:
- Gifts, Matching Gift Company
- Gifts, MG Amount
- Use the following instructions to complete the appropriate merge:
- How to use Word integration with Mail to perform a simple mail merge
- How to use Word integration with Mail to create a conditional mail merge
Note: If you are including gifts that are not matched in the merge, either use a conditional merge based on the Matching Gift Company field or create an if...then...else statement in the Word document selecting the Matching_gift_company_1 field in the Field Name drop-down menu.