1. Debit transaction for the sale price of the stock
2. Credit transaction for the sale price of the stock
3. Debit transaction for the Gain/Loss amount
4. Credit transaction for the Gain/Loss amount
For example, a $1,000 Stock/Property gift is sold for $1,500. When the gift is posted, the following transactions are created. Please note that the $1,000 Unsold Stock/Property gift would have already been posted to The Financial Edge.
1. Debit transaction for $1,500
2. Credit transaction for $1,500
3. Debit transaction for $500
4. Credit transaction for $500
Additionally, if the Stock gift includes a Broker Fee, we will see a separate Debit and Credit transaction for the Broker Fee when posting the Sold Stock gift.