- Create a new report or open the report to be used
- Select the Columns tab
- Add a column defined as needed.
For example, if you want to perform the mathematical operation Actual - Budget, define the first column as Actual for the appropriate date range. Define the second column as Budget for the appropriate date range. These columns may be hidden if needed.
- Add an additional column to perform the mathematical operation.
Note: You do not need to adjust the date range since this column will only perform the mathematical operation based on data in other columns.
- On the General tab of the column to be used for calculating, in the Column Definition section, select Amount and then select the first of the previously defined columns. Click the right arrow to move it to the box.
- Select the button for the appropriate operator [+, -, /, *]. You can create long mathematical equations, grouping variables with parentheses if needed.
- Select the second of the previously defined columns. Click the right arrow to move it to the box.
- Click OK to save the formula.
- Click Preview to preview the report.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.