- In Accounts Payable, Configuration, click Posting information
- Select Payment
- Select Payment Reference Number in the appropriate position under Field Name and enter a length for the check number
- The next time transactions are posted, the check number will be included in the Reference field, which shows on reports in General Ledger
- Changes to the journal reference apply to transactions posted after the change was made. The changes are not retroactive to all posted transactions.
- For more information, refer to How to define journal reference fields in The Financial Edge (BB63279)
- At this time, it is not possible to add the check number to the journal reference for an invoice.