Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
1. Create a Constituent query of the records that have the specific address type that will be deleted.
2. Create a Constituent export that includes constituent import ID, address import ID and address type. Use filters to select the specific address type and export the file as CSV format.
3. Open the CSV file in Excel, change the address type to Delete Me and save the file.
4. Update the database to change the Address Type for specific addresses
- Click Admin, Import, Constituent Address and select the file.
- Choose to update existing records.
- Choose to create new table entries (for the Delete Me entry).
6. Download and run the Alternate Address Deleter plug-in, which globally deletes all instances of an address type for alternate addresses.
7. Select the Address type of Delete Me to delete in the field provided and click Begin.