You can create financial aid schedules for students based on their financial aid application information.
Note: If your school does not track financial aid application information, Financial Aid schedules must be added manually to student records
- In Administration, click Create Financial Aid Schedules.
- In the Transaction date field, enter the date of the transaction.
- In the Qualification date field, select the date of the items to include based on the date in the Date qualified field on the financial aid application.
- In the Grant date field, select the date of the items to include based on the date in the Date granted field on the financial aid application.
- To include only financial aid with the Accepted checkbox marked on the financial aid application, mark Include only accepted financial aid qualifications.
- To combine all financial aid items with the same billing item, mark Combine financial aid with the same billing item.
- To create a query of students not included in the processing, mark Create exception query of students.
- To create a query of students included in the processing, mark Create output query of students.
- To print a control report, mark Print a control report on and select a printer.
- Select the Financial Aid Types tab.
- In the Type column, select a type of financial aid.
- In the Billing Item column, select a billing item to associate with each financial aid type.
- The billing item's description appears in the Description column.
- Select the Filters tab.
- Select the Attributes tab and fill in any applicable information
Note: If the attribute is required, the checkbox is marked in the Required column.
- Select the Preview tab.
- Unmark the checkbox in the Include? column for any students and billing item combinations you do not want to include.
- To review a report of what will be processed before actually creating the financial aid schedules, click Preprocessing Report.
- Once the schedules have been created, use Generate Transactions Automatically to create Financial Aid credits based on the schedules throughout the year
For more information on Financial Aid, review: How to set up and generate Financial Aid (BB212157)