- Set up the Bank Account:
- Click Banks on the navigation bar
- Select the Student Billing bank from the drop-down list
- Under General Tasks, click Edit Account Details
- On the Banks tab, ensure that Define cash account(s) is selected on the Student Billing line of the grid
- On the Payments tab, select a default printer and mark the Allow checkbox in the grid for the Refund Check type
- Make sure the bank allows one-time AP checks and SB refunds.
- Save and close the bank account
- Create the Refund:
- In Records, click Refunds
- Click Add a New Refund
- Select the student receiving the Refund
- Enter the transaction and post dates
- Select a Refund Billing Fee and enter an amount
- Click Create Refund Check NOTE: If this option is grayed out follow these steps.
- Choose the bank account and the person who the check will be printed for and click OK
- It will pull up the one time check. Edit any information necessary and then select Print Later and Close. This will allow the check to be printed in the next Accounts Payable check run.
NOTE: Only select Record and Close if the check is being written by hand.
- On the GL Distribution tab enter the General Ledger distribution
- On the Payments/Credits tab select who receives the refund
- Save and Close the Refund
- Print the refund check
Note: In order to create a Student Billing refund check in from Accounts Payable, the bank account must be set up for both Student Billing and Accounts Payable.
Note: If a refund check is not created, an adjusting entry will not be created in Banks.