Alternative solution without PaperSave:
- If scanning an image, such as a check, save it in BMP (bitmap) format.
- Open the image in Microsoft Paint. Select the appropriate part of the image or select Edit, Select All to select the entire image.
- Press Ctrl + C on the keyboard to copy the image
- Open the appropriate gift in The Raiser's Edge
- Select the Miscellaneous tab
- Click New Notepad
- Enter a note type in the Type field such as Image. Enter a Description. If it is a scanned check, enter the check number as the description. Otherwise, enter an appropriate description.
- Place the cursor in the box at the bottom of the screen and press Ctrl + V to paste the image
- Click Save and Close to save and close the notepad
- Click Save and Close to save the gift.
Note: Before adding images to gifts, keep in mind that image files are large. When saving or opening a gift with an image file, you may notice that it takes significantly longer. Sometimes, it may lock up if you have a slow processor or a small amount of memory. If you already have performance issues, we do not recommend adding images to the database as it may make the performance issues worse.
Also, adding them to gifts will greatly increase the size of your database over time (depending on the number of images you add). Once the database is over 2 gig, you will no longer be able to use the MSDE version of SQL Server. If you are getting close to 2 gig or if you must use MSDE, consider storing the images on the network and either link to them on the Media tab of the constituent record or enter the path in the gift note. (The path will not act as a link within the gift note - just cut and paste it into the Start, Run line in Windows.)
For more information, refer to SQL Server 2000 fpr Blackbaud products.