- You can create a queue to run one time or multiple times, on demand or according to a schedule.
- You create a queue by adding items one at a time that run sequentially in the order you select.
- You can view a list of queues scheduled to run and those that have completed running.
- Deleting a queue permanently removes it from the database. Be sure you have a backup of your database before you delete a queue.
- Each queue includes the Queue, Processing, and Miscellaneous tabs.
- You can create new queues from existing queues.
You can perform the following tasks in Queue:
- Globally change Students or Applicants
- Create Report Cards, Transcripts, Labels, or Envelopes
- Export, print, or email Reports and Queries
- Refresh Query or Dashboard
How to define a queue
- On the Queue page, click New Queue on the action bar.
- On the Queue tab, add and select parameters for items in the queue.
- Select the Processing tab
- In the Frequency field, select On demand, Hourly, Weekly, Monthly, or Semi-monthly. If you select On demand, enter a date and time in the Next queue run date/time field.
If you select Hourly, Weekly, Monthly, or Semi-monthly, additional selections appear so you can designate exactly how often the queue runs.
- In the Run as field, select which user you want to run the queue as.
- In the Run on field, enter the workstation on which you want to run the queue.
- In the Queue schedule start date and End date fields, enter the dates the queue should first run and when it should stop running.
Note: Based on frequency and start date selections, the date and time for the queue to run again appears in the Next queue run date/time field.
- To stop the queue if the program encounters an error, mark the If an error occurs while running this queue, stop processing checkbox.
Note: If you leave this checkbox unmarked and an error occurs, the program proceeds to the next task in the list.
- If you selected On demand in the Frequency field, you can mark the If all items are processed successfully, delete this queue checkbox.
- Select the Miscellaneous tab.
- To create a control report after the queue finishes, mark the Create a control report checkbox and select Detail or Summary in the Format field.
- In the Action field, select whether to export the report, send the report as email, or print the report.
- If you export the control report, the File name and Data format fields appear so you can select where to send the report.
- If you send the control report as email, the Mail to and Cc fields appear so you can enter the email addresses of recipients. You can also enter the subject of the message in the Subject field. In the Data format field, you can select a format for the report, such as comma-separated values or Word document.
- In the Printer and Copies fields, select the appropriate values.
- To send a notification the queue is complete, mark the Send a queue status notification checkbox and enter email addresses in the Mail to and Cc fields.