- On the Export page, click New.
- Select the type of export you want to create.
- In the Export format field, select Blackbaud Conditional Word Merge, and click Create Now.
- On the Filters tab, select criteria to determine which records to include in the export.
- On the Output tab, select the fields to include in the merge letters.
For example, add the Student name and the Address, City, State/Province, and ZIP/Postal code fields.
- On the export toolbar, click Conditional merge wizard.
- Select the export field to use as the condition for the documents. For example, select the Current status field.
- Click Next.
- Click New Document on the action bar
- Select the condition (for example, equal to), select the value from the drop-down, and enter a description for the letter.
- Click Edit Merge Document to open the document
- Word opens to a blank merge document. Notice the options in the action bar: Insert Education Edge Field, Insert Word Field, and Save and return to EE7 to Merge:
- Type the body of the letter. To insert a merge field, click Insert Education Edge field and select from the list. For example, to insert the the applicant's name, click Insert Education Edge Field, and select the Applicant name field.
- When the merge fields are inserted and the text of the letter is complete, click Save and Return to EE7 to Merge.
- To make further changes to the merge document in Word, click Edit merge document
- Click OK to return to step 9.
- Repeat steps 9 - 13 until all of the conditional merge documents are added.
- When all documents have been added to the conditional letter list, click Finish
- Click Merge Now.
- When prompted, enter the name and browse to the location where the final documents will be created
- Click Save. When the export completes, a screen appears displaying the number of rows exported.
- Click OK to return to the export.
- To save the export, click Save and Close on the toolbar.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.