Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
Note: Read all the following instructions carefully before performing these functions.
To globally delete and globally add constituent appeals with the same package, date, response, and comments:
- Create a static, constituent query to select constituents with duplicate assigned appeals
- Globally delete the duplicate appeals from the constituents using the query created in step 1, which removes all instances of the appeal on constituent records.
- Globally add the appeal using the query created in step 1
To globally delete constituent appeals with different packages, dates, responses, or comments:
- Create a query of the constituents with the appeals to be deleted
- Create a Constituent Appeal import file in comma separated values (CSV) format based on the query created in step 1
- On the Fields tab of the import screen, select the fields below in addition to any other appropriate fields:
Constituent Import ID (or Constituent ID)
Appeal Import ID
- Click Create Now to create the CSV file
- Open the CSV file
- Delete any rows that contain constituent appeals that should not be deleted
- Enter 'Delete' in the Response column for all constituent appeals that should be deleted
- Save and close the CSV file
- Import the constituent appeals
- On the General tab of the import screen, select Update existing records and Create new table entries
- Select all other appropriate options and complete the import process
- Globally delete the constituent appeals that have the value Delete in the Response field
To manually delete duplicate constituent appeals:
- In User Options, select Appeals as the default tab
- Open the query created in step 1 and select the Results tab
- Double-click the first record. It opens to the Appeals tab. Delete the duplicate appeal and save the record.
- Use the VCR buttons to go to the next constituent and repeat step 3.
- Continue until all the duplicate appeals have been deleted.