- It must remain in the same category (Revenue, Asset, etc.).
- The account code cannot already exist.
- Balance sheet and income statement items cannot be commingled once account codes are renumbered.
To change the account code:
- In Configuration, click Account Codes.
- Highlight the account code to change and click Open.
- Edit the Number.
- Click Save and Close.
- The accounts associated with an account code and the posted activity listed on the account's Activity tab remain associated with the account and its new account number. Any existing GL Distributions (e.g. Vendor default distributions) will automatically change to the new account number.
- The Account Code length can only be edited during the account setup.
- The range of the Account Codes can not be edited once there is data saved to categories after the range you are trying to change.