Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
- Click Admin, Import
- In the right frame, double-click Constituent, Constituent Address
- On the General tab of the Import Constituent Address screen, select Create import file
- In the What file do you wish to create? field, browse to the location where the file should be saved
- Enter a File Name and click Open. Save the file in CSV (Comma-Separated Value) format.
- On the Fields tab, select the following fields:
Address Import ID
Constituent Import ID
- Click Create Now
- Save and close the import parameters
- Open the import file
- Delete all instances of /n from the file that do not separate two address lines. These characters indicate a hard return. For example, delete /n from an Address Lines field that reads:
123 Main St./n
- Save and close the import file
- Open the import parameters saved in step 8
- Select Update existing records
- Be sure the path in the What file do you wish to import? field is still valid
- Import the constituent addresses
Blackbaud may be able to remove the hard returns for you. To learn more, e-mail solutions@Blackbaud.com.