You create web pages in Site explorer. To modify web pages, you can design page layout, create and use templates, and add and remove part type information and images. Most commonly, users who create web pages are site administrators with Supervisor rights.
Site explorer contains multiple sections. Each plays a major part when you construct and design a web page.
Pages and templates: You can store each web page and template individually in Pages & templates with quick access to each page. In Pages & templates, you can create, edit, and delete pages for your website and view the URL path for each page. To create a web page, you must add content parts from Parts to your page in Pages & templates.
Parts: Use Parts to create, edit, and delete reusable content information, such as a user login and user profile form. A content part does not appear on your website until you add it to a web page. To create a web page, you must add parts from Parts to your page in Pages & templates. You can also assign security rights to roles for each content part in Parts.
Layouts: Administrators use Layouts to design and place panes on your web page. In Pages & templates, these panes contain parts and images. To customize layouts, insert rows, add bullets, and adjust font size and style.
- Style sheets: Administrators use style sheets to create unique elements such as colors, font types and size, and spacing for your website. Style sheets, written in Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) format, are easier to use than other methods such as HTML. Unless you specify a custom style sheet, your website uses the program’s default style sheets. In Style sheets, you can create custom style sheets that override a default style.
- Image library: Use Image library to add, delete, and approve images for your website. In addition, view a preview of an image to make sure it appears on the screen correctly. Images must be saved as a *.bmp, *.gif, *.jpg or *.jpeg file. An image does not appear on your website until you add it to a web page.
Files: Use Files to add, delete, and approve files for your website. Files also provides you with access to all Documents part files in one location.
- How to create a page and define page properties. (video)
- How to copy parts, pages, and templates
- How to add parts to a page
- How to add content to a page (video)
- How to Upload an Image to the Image library
- How to add documents or files to the NetCommunity website
- How to edit, modify or design Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- How to setup a Blank Page/Template/Layout for testing purposes