- Click Records on the navigation bar.
- Click Employees, Open an Employee.
- Open the Employee to whom you are adding the historic entry.
- From the menu bar select Employee, Add Historic Entry.
- Enter the appropriate Period ending date, Pay date, Bank account, Payment method, and Payment number.
- In the Payment Details box, highlight Gross Pay and enter the Pay Type ID, Rate and Hours in the grid.
- To enter any deductions, highlight Deductions in the Payment Details box and enter the appropriate Deduction ID and amount.
- To enter any taxes, highlight Taxes in the Payment Details box and enter the appropriate Tax types, Employee W/H, and Employer Expense.
- To enter any benefits, highlight Benefits in the Payment Details box and enter the appropriate Benefit ID and amount.
- Review the grid at the bottom to ensure the Current and YTD amounts are correct.
- Save and close the entry.
Note: All historic entries are marked with a post status of Do Not Post and will not affect General Ledger accounts. In order to affect any account activity you must create a manual journal entry.
Some benefits and deductions may require a pay type to be added. You can enter a 0.00 amount for the pay type.
Historic entries are also used to adjust W-2 amounts. Refer to How do I make tax adjustments and correct W-2 amounts and information in Payroll 7?
For more information refer to the Historic Entries section of the Payroll Records Guide (PDF).