Try each of the following steps in order until the issue is resolved:
- Ensure you are logged in as Supervisor or you have security rights to merge constituents
- Switch the order in which the constituents are being merged. For example, if Constituent A was originally the Merge From (source) constituent and Constituent B was originally the Merge To constituent, make Constituent B the Merge From constituent and Constituent A the Merge To constituent.
- Perform separate constituent merges for each part of the record, such as Relationships and Gifts, instead of performing the entire merge at once
- If you originally marked Delete source constituent, unmark this checkbox before performing the merge. Once the merge is complete, manually delete the source constituent.
- If the constituents have a relationship with each other, delete the relationship before merging.
- If one or both of the Constituents are marked as a Solicitor, remove the checkbox on Bio1 tab for "Is a solicitor".