Try each of the following steps in order until the error is resolved:
- Log into the workstation with a Windows profile that has local administrator rights.
- If using an operating system that has User Account Control (UAC) enabled, then right-click on the shortcut for the Blackbaud application and select "Run as administrator" the first time you attempt to log in. For more information, see the Installation Article for those systems.
- Grant the Windows user Read and Execute rights on the deploy folder and the files inside the deploy folder.
- Rename the BBUpdate.ini file on the workstation and run the application, (If the workstation operating system is Windows 7 or Windows 8, right-click on the desktop icon and select "Run as administrator")
- Browse to the deploy folder and run the setup.exe application to manually update the workstation
If the version of the program being installed does not match the version on the server, verify the correct folder on the server is being shared to the users:
How to locate the Deploy Folder