New to Query? Check out Getting Started with Query (PDF) to understand basic concepts and create your first query—all in a matter of minutes!
- Create a constituent query.
- On the Criteria tab, select Summary Information, Summary For Gift, Total Number of Gifts and select the appropriate operator and value(s).
- On the Edit Field Criteria screen, select the Filters tab.
- Select the appropriate filters (e.g. Gift Information, Gift Date between [the date range]).
- Click OK twice.
- Select the Results tab to run the query.
Note: Depending on your User Options, if you add the criteria statements separately, instead of combining them as in the example above, the statements may not work in conjunction with one another. For this reason, we recommend combining all filters on the same criteria statement. Refer to What are the advanced query user options?.
- Each Summary Information query field includes its own Filters tab. Use it if you want to further define summary information filter criteria. In our example, we used the Filter tab to add the Gift Date criteria.
- By default, Summary Information query fields consider only these gift types: Cash, Pledge, MG Pledge, Stock/Property, Stock/Property (Sold), Gift-in-Kind, Other, and Recurring Gift Pay-Cash. Write offs (Write Off) and matching gift write offs (MG Write Off) are subtracted from totals. To summarize different gift types, also filter by Gift Type and select the types to include.
- If you use the query in Export (or any other area of the program), to isolate the same total number of gifts, you must use the same criteria in Export that you used in Query. (Remember, the query only identifies donors with a certain total number of gifts.)
- If you frequently query on summary totals, consider using the Ask operator.