Try each of the following steps in order until the issue is resolved:
- Ensure that deceased, inactive, or has no valid address are not marked.
- Press Alt+F9 to reveal formatting in the merge document. Remove any Word merge fields included in the document.
- Ensure the conditional merge field is selected as a field to export. For example, if the conditional merge field is Letter code, ensure that Letter code is being exported.
- Ensure letters are created for each condition in the merge. For example, if basing the merge on the Letter Code, ensure a letter is created for each possible Letter Code.
- Ensure there is not other criteria set-up on the export fields from the output screen that would block the letter from being created. For example, if gift amount is included as a field to export, ensure a gift type is included that matches all gift records that need a letter created.
- Change the campaign, fund, or appeal format user option for the user running the export or mail merge to match the user option of the user who created the export:
- Exit out of the export or mail merge, if opened.
- Select Tools, User Options
- Click the Records tab and select Campaign, Fund, or Appeal on the left
- Change the Campaign, Fund, or Appeal format to match that of the user who created the export or mail merge.
- Open the Export or Mail document and select Conditional Merge Wizard
- Re-select campaign, fund, or appeal for the conditional field
- For each letter listed, re-select the corresponding campaign, fund, or appeal. This will put campaign, fund, or appeal back in with the format in the user's User Options.
- Globally change the gifts to not acknowledged.
- Edit the gift and add the letter code.
- Recreate the mail merge.