Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
- Create a query of the constituents that contain the alias to delete
- In Administration, select Globally Change Records
- Highlight Constituent and click New Change
- Click Include and choose Selected Records. Select the query created in step 1.
- Under Available Fields, select Aliases, Alias Type
- Select Delete as the operation and select the alias type to delete from the drop-down (for example, Nickname)
- Click OK
- Mark the Create control report checkbox
- Click Change Now to begin the global change
Note: The alias names remain on the records. There is no way to Globally Delete Alias Names.