- Ensure that the gift types are the same.
- By default, the Giving Summary by Constituency dashboard includes the following gift types: cash, stock/property, gift-in-kind, other, pledge payments, matching gift pledge payments, and recurring gift pledge payments. By default, the first column of the Gift Detail and Summary Report includes cash, pledge payments, matching gift pledge payments, and recurring gift pledge payments. Either the stock/property, gift-in-kind, or other gifts must be removed from the dashboard or added to the report.
- If including pledges rather than pledge payments, unmark the Use gift balance instead of gift amount option on the Gift Types tab of the Gift Detail and Summary report. Otherwise, the dashboard looks at the pledge amount and the report looks at the pledge balance.
Note: We do not recommend including both pledges and payments on the dashboard or the totals will be inflated. If marking the Use gift balance instead of gift amount option on the Gift Detail and Summary report, the totals will not be inflated, but it will not match the dashboard. Therefore, we do not recommend selecting both pledges and payments on the Gift Detail and Summary report when comparing it to the Giving Summary by Constituent dashboard.
- Depending on the primary constituency code defined on a record, the Dashboard and the Gift Summary Report may not agree.
- The Giving Summary by Constituency Dashboard only includes gifts for the primary constituency code. If filtering on one code in the Dashboard, if that code is not the primary constituency code on a record, the gifts from that record are not be included, even if they meet all other criteria.
- In the Gift Summary by Constituency Report, it is not required for the filtered constituency code to be the primary constituency code, so it includes the gift information that the Dashboard leaves out.
- Verify that all other criteria are the same. For example, ensure that the same date range, campaigns, funds, and appeals are included.