Consolidated receipts include the total amount of a constituent's gifts that meet the criteria; individual gifts are not itemized. However, because you select this option on the constituent record, you can include constituents with either preference in the same mailing. If you select gift-specific fields on the Fields to Include tab (e.g., date, fund, and appeal), they are blank for constituents set to receive the consolidated format.
You can consolidate a constituent's gifts into a single receipt (e.g. a single mailing). This option is especially handy with respect to your regular givers, who donate weekly or monthly. They may prefer to receive receipts only once a quarter. When consolidating these functions, you reduce the expense and time required to generate your mailings.
Note: If a constituent needs a receipt of his donations in both US and a foreign currency, do not change his Receipt type to Consolidated receipts.
To set up constituents to receive consolidated receipts:
- Open the appropriate constituent record.
- Select the Bio 2 tab.
- Select Consolidated receipts in the Receipt type field.
Globally change the Receipt Type.
To create and send consolidated receipts:
- Create a query to find constituents who receive consolidated receipts
- Add desired output fields and check the query results. Save and close the query.
- In Mail, create a new Receipt parameter set.
- On the General tab, select the desired receipt type. If you're using pre-printed receipts, select Pre-printed receipts. If you're creating a custom receipt in Microsoft Word, select Create custom data file.
- Select to Include records from the query created in step 1.
- On the Fields to include tab, select the fields that you want included on your receipts.
- Complete the remaining tabs to create the receipts.
Note: For more information on creating receipts, review the Mail Guide.