To save time, notepads can be added through Administration using the Global Add function.
Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
To globally add a notepad note to all or selected constituents, follow these steps:
1. Select Administration from the Raiser’s Edge bar. The Administration page appears.
2. On the Administration page select Globally Add Records. The Global Add screen appears.
3. On the Global Add screen select Notepad in the Add field.
4. To select records to include in the global add, click the Include button: include all or selected records, based on a query.
5. To enter the note to include on the records, click the Notepad Information button. The Global Add - Notepad screen appears.
6. Mark the Create control report checkbox to create a report summarizing the added information and listing exceptions.
7. Click Add Now to process the global add.
8. Click Yes to continue or click No to cancel and return to the Global Add screen.
9. When the program finishes processing your changes, the Global Add Complete! screen appears, showing the number of records processed, the number of notepads added, and the number of exceptions.
This information is from the program's Online Help file. To access it, press F1 or select Help, The Raiser's Edge Help Topics, from The Raiser's Edge menu bar.
Ensure there is a good backup of the database prior to making any global change.