NOTE: Please contact the appropriate software vendor or IT professional for assistance with this process or issue (steps 2 through 3) which is beyond Blackbaud's scope of support.
- From The Raiser's Edge, use Mail or Export to export the email addresses and any additional fields you want to include in your email. Select the Microsoft Word Merge File format, and mark the Include Header Record checkbox.
- Open Microsoft Word and select Mailings, Start Mail Merge, Step by Step Mail Merge Wizard from the menu bar.
- Follow the numbered Word steps for creating a letter mail merge document:
- In Word step 1, select Email messages as the document type.
- In Word step 2, select the file you exported from The Raiser's Edge as the data source.
- When you finish the letter, click the Electronic Mail link under Merge in Word step 6.
- Under Message Options, select the email header in the To: field, enter a Subject line, and select the mail format (e.g., HTML). Select All under Send records, and click OK.