Although there is no Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) available, Blackbaud does provide a reference guide. The guide is only available to clients with Advantage Priority or Advantage Professional maintenance. If interested in upgrading your maintenance, email email@example.com.
If your organization has the RODBA (Read Only Database Assistance) module, do the following to find this information:
- Select Help > RE:VBA/API Help from the top menu bar.
- For RODBA or database documentation, expand Database Reference or Changed Database References for (Current Version #).
- For VBA/API, expand any other section from the Contents menu such as Introduction, Programming Basics, and Object References.
- The Financial Edge VBA and API Guide
- The Raiser's Edge API Essentials Guide
- The Raiser's Edge VBA Essentials Guide
- Export the data in Microsoft Excel format using the Export function.
- Open Microsoft Access and create a new, blank database.
- Import the Microsoft Excel file by selecting File, Get External Data from the menu bar in Access.
- Once the data is imported, highlight the table and click Design. You can view the data type of each field within the table.
Note1: For users with RODBA support, the RODBA lists this information and helps with linking the database tables. The guide is accessed by clicking Help > Read-Only Database Assistance from the top menu bar.
Note2: For the The Financial Edge or The Education Edge, users can view this information by opening the FEDatabaseSchema.chm file found in [PATH]\The Financial Edge\Help directory.
Note3: For information regarding the objects in VBA or API, select Help, VBA/API Help from the menu bar. The Programmer Reference section explains the objects and tables available in VBA and API.