You can automatically add standard individual, organization, gift, and action letters by installing sample letters.
- In Configuration, click Letters.
- Highlight the appropriate letter type such as Gift or Action.
- Click New Letter. The New Letter screen appears.
Note: Select Letter, Classic View from the menu bar to add the new letter. Otherwise, continue with the following steps.
- In the Letter description field, enter the name for the letter. This name is also known as the letter code.
Note: If you are creating Letter codes to use as a conditional field in Donor Acknowledgement Letters in Mail, simply enter the name of the letter in the Letter description field and click Save and Close. If you are creating letters to be merged from within the records (e.g., Constituent, Gift, Action), proceed to Step 5.
- To create constituent, gift or action letters to be merged directly from the record, you can select the binoculars to include an existing export, or select to create a new export. If creating one of these letters, you have the following options:
- To associate the letter with a Simple or Conditional Word Merge export so you can merge the letter directly from Records, enter the name of the letter in the Letter description field and search for the export. If the export does not already exist, click Add New on the Open screen. A new gift export opens. To create the export, refer to:
- Note: Membership, event, and appeal letters only have the option to enter the letter name. They do not have the option to be associated with an export file.