- Open the report in Crystal Reports
- Open the Field Explorer
- Crystal XI: Go to View > Field Explorer
- Crystal 8.5: Go to Insert > Field Object
- In the Field Explorer, right-click on Formula Fields
- Click New
- Enter a name for the formula and click OK
- The formula workshop window will appear. Enter the formula you require.
- Click Check (X+2 button with a green checkmark) to identify any errors in the formula. You should receive a message box that states "No Errors Found." If you receive a different message it means there is an error. Go back through the steps, follow the pictures and try again before you continue.
- Once the formula contains no errors, click Save and Close to return to the Field Explorer dialog box
- Right-click on the new formula field and select Insert to Report
- Drag your mouse to the report and click where you want to drop the field
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.