- Create a new gift batch.
- Include all fields you use in a typical batch.
- Click on Data Entry. Do not add any gifts.
- Select Commit Gift Batch.
- Mark the "Create gift query of committed gifts" checkbox.
- Commit the batch of zero records for zero dollars.
- Save the batch with a name like "Template."
- When creating gift batches in the future, go to the Fields tab of the Batch Setup screen, select Load from Existing Batch, and select the template you created. When you commit this batch, the "Create gift query of committed gifts" checkbox will already be marked.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.