The Delete Countries plug-in allows the user to delete every instance of a particular country table entry, whether or not it is in use in the database.
Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
Note: Running this plug-in will delete the currency type for all gift records associated with the country's currency. It will NOT delete evidence of that currency on other country records. Verify that the currency is not included on any gift record before running the plug-in by querying on gifts with that currency type.
If your software is hosted through Blackbaud Hosting Services, refer to How to run a plug-in in a hosted environment.
Note: Print and read all of the following instructions before running the plug-in.
- Log in to the workstation as a local administrator.
- Download the appropriate plug-in for your version of The Raiser's Edge:
- DeleteCountries_771.exe: Versions 7.71 - 7.96
- DeleteCountries_760.exe: Versions 7.60 - 7.70
- DeleteCountries_703.exe: Version 7.50
- Save the EXE file to the local hard drive of any workstation with The Raiser's Edge installed.
- Double-click the EXE file.
- When prompted, unzip the files into the \Plugins folder on the workstation. (The default path is C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Raisers Edge 7\Plugins.) The EXE file is a self-extracting zip file which contains a DLL and a VBD file.
- Register the DLL on the workstation.
- Have all other users exit and sign out of The Raiser's Edge.
- Log into The Raiser's Edge.
- Click Plug-Ins from the navigation bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears.
- Click the Delete Countries link.
- Follow the prompts.
Please note: The country will need to be manually removed from Configuration, International after the plug-in has been run.