NOTE: Please contact the appropriate software vendor or IT professional for assistance with this process or issue which is beyond Blackbaud's scope of support.
- Right-click the file or folder to modify and select Properties.
- On the Security tab and click Edit.
- In the Permissions window, Click Add.
- Click Locations and select the appropriate domain. Click OK.
- Enter the name(s) that require permissions and click Check Names. If the names do not appear, click Advanced to search for a name.
- With the name listed in the Permissions window, highlight the name and adjust the appropriate permissions.
- Click OK to close the Permissions window.
- Click OK on the Properties window.
- In the box that says "Enter the object names to select:" enter the name of the Windows account or local account that requires permissions
- If you can't find the user when you select Check Names, click "Object Types" button and make sure the object type is selected and click "Locations" button and make sure you have selected the Computer name or Domain depending upon the type of account you are trying to add
Note: We provide links to third-party websites in an effort to help you resolve your issue. We are not responsible for the information on third-party websites, and we cannot assist with implementing the resolution from these websites.