If your software is hosted through Blackbaud Hosting Services, refer to How to run a plug-in in a hosted environment.
Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
The Fix Address Types plug-in updates the system address type table entries back to 'Home' and 'Business'.
Note: Print and read all of the following instructions before running the plug-in.
- Log in to the workstation as a local administrator.
- Download FixSystemAddressTypes.exe.
- Save FixSystemAddressTypes.exe to the local hard drive of any workstation with The Raiser's Edge 7 installed.
- Double-click FixSystemAddressTypes.exe.
- When prompted, unzip the files into the \Plugins folder on the workstation. FixSystemAddressTypes.exe is a self-extracting zip file that contains the plug-in files: dobUpdateDBPlugin.vbd, UpdateDB.DAT, UpdateDB.mdb, UpdateDBPlugin.dll.
- Register UpdateDBPlugin.dll on the workstation. (18569).
- Have all other users exit and sign out of The Raiser's Edge.
- Log in to The Raiser's Edge.
- Click Plug-Ins from the Raiser's Edge Bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears.
- Click the Fix Address Types link.
- Follow the prompts.