The Add Constituent ID plug-in adds a constituent ID to all records for which the value is currently null. The plug-in assigns constituent IDs using the following pattern: BB + system record ID.
If your software is hosted through Blackbaud Hosting Services, Contact Support and reference this article.
Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
Note: Print and read all of the following instructions before running the plug-in.
- Log in to the workstation as a local administrator
- Download the appropriate plug-in for your version of The Raiser's Edge:
- AddConsID76.exe: Versions 7.60 to 7.93 and above.
- AddConstitID.exe : Version 7.50
- Save the EXE file to the local hard drive of any workstation with The Raiser's Edge 7 installed
- Double-click the EXE file
- When prompted, unzip the files into the \Plugins folder on the workstation. The EXE file is a self-extracting zip file which contains a DLL and a VBD file. (There are 4 files in the ZIP archive, UpdateDBPlugin.dll, UpdateDB.DAT, UpdateDB.mdb, dobUpdateDBPlugin.vbd)
- Register the DLL file on the workstation
- Have all other users exit and sign out of The Raiser's Edge 7
- Log into The Raiser's Edge 7
- Click Plug-Ins from the navigation bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears.
- Click the Add Constituent ID link
- Follow the prompts