If your software is hosted through Blackbaud Hosting Services, refer to How to run a plug-in in a hosted environment.
The Duplicate Preferred Address Utility plug-in searches for duplicate preferred address information. The user determines which address to keep as preferred and turns off the Preferred Address flag on the remaining addresses. The user must select one address to be the preferred address.
Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
Note: Print and read all of the following instructions before running the plug-in.
- Log in to the workstation as a local administrator
- Download the appropriate plug-in for your version of The Raiser's Edge:
- Save the EXE file to the local hard drive of any workstation with The Raiser's Edge installed
- Double-click the EXE file
- When prompted, unzip the files into the \Plugins folder on the workstation. The EXE file is a self-extracting zip file which contains a DLL and a VBD file.
- Register the DLL file on the workstation
- Have all other users exit and sign out of The Raiser's Edge
- Log into The Raiser's Edge
- Click Plug-Ins from the navigation bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears.
- Click the Duplicate Preferred Address Utility link
- Follow the prompts