The Remove Blank Address Lines removes blank address lines.
Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
Note: Print and read all of the following instructions before running the plug-in.
- Log in to the workstation as a local administrator.
- Download the appropriate plug-in for your version of The Raiser's Edge:
- Version 7.96: Attached to this article as RemoveBlankAddressLines.zip
- RemoveBlankAddressLines_761.exe: Versions 7.61 - 7.81, 7.83, 7.91 - 7.95
- Save the EXE file to the local hard drive of any workstation with The Raiser's Edge 7 installed.
- Double-click the EXE file.
- When prompted, unzip the files (BB546) into the \Plugins folder on the workstation. (The default location of the \Plugins folder is C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Raisers Edge 7\Plugins.) The EXE file is a self-extracting zip file which contains a DLL and a VBD file.
- Register the DLL file on the workstation.
- Have all other users exit and sign out of The Raiser's Edge 7.
- Log into The Raiser's Edge 7.
- Click Plug-Ins from the navigation bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears.
- Click the Remove Blank Address Lines link.
- Follow the prompts.
If your software is hosted through Blackbaud Hosting Services, the Remove Blank Address Lines plugin is already installed. If you are unable to run the plugin, refer to the following Knowledgebase Solution: How to run a plug-in in a hosted environment.