- In Administration, click Set up system security.
- Open an existing user group or create a new group.
- On the left, under System Components mark and highlight the appropriate component, such as Registrar's Office.
- On the right, under the [Component] Privileges, mark and highlight Records, and click Options...
- In the Record types frame, mark and highlight the record type to be edited, such as Students.
- In the Privileges frame, in the first row for the specific record type mark to grant rights
Or unmark to restrict rights for the appropriate checkboxes to View, Add, Edit, or Delete.
Note: Users must have rights to delete records in order to have rights to delete attributes.
- In the Attributes row, mark the appropriate checkbox.
For example, if the the View and Edit checkboxes are marked for students, then the View and Edit checkboxes can be marked in the attributes row.
If the View, Edit, and Delete checkboxes are marked for students, then the View, Edit, and Delete checkboxes can be marked in the attributes row.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.