Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
Carefully read all of the instructions listed below before proceeding. If you are new to importing, also refer to How to import - the basics of importing (BB135422).
- Create a data file or use an existing file.
View a sample data file (StudentActivities.csv) which does the following:
- Michael Richard Andrews: Updates an existing Ecology Club Activity record for the 2005-2006 Academic Year
- Drew Ash Abernethy: Adds a new Student Activity record for Athletic Activity for the 2005-2006 Academic Year
You can save the file in any delimited format or in fixed length. However, the sample data file is in CSV format.
- Include the following fields in your import data file (for a sample file, which includes all of these fields, refer to step 1 above). The fields in bold italics are required by The Education Edge. The fields in italics are conditionally required. Refer to the notes below the list of fields for additional information. If necessary, include other fields in the data file that are available for this import type.
Student Import ID, Activity Import ID, Print on Report Card, Category, Activity Type, Date From, Date To, Activities Participation Grade Level, Activities Participation Academic Year, Activities Participation Wants to Participate, Activities Participation Participated
*Although headers are not required in The Education Edge, we recommend using them. Otherwise, you must manually map the fields in the data file to the corresponding fields in The Education Edge. You can save the file in any delimited format or in fixed length. However, the example and the
sample data file are in CSV format.
Note: If you are importing one of the following fields, a Grade Level field is also required:
- Academic Year
- Wants to participate
- Eligibility Status
- Import the data file using the following parameters:
- Import type: Student, Activity
- What do you want to do? Import new records
- Options Import records not found as new records
- What file do you want to import? Browse to the import file and select
Use Student Import ID (or Student ID) to match records in the import file with existing records
- What is the format of this import file? Delimited - Characters separate the fields
- Field Separator: Comma
- Text qualifier: Quotation
- Import field names: Field names are on the first line of the import file
- Sample import format: Verify the first few rows of the import file
In the Import these fields frame, verify that all rows in the Field to Import column are correctly mapped to the corresponding fields in the Import Fields column. Also, pay attention to the Extension column. Groupings of Activities Participation fields in the import file must share the same extension.
We recommend marking all.