- Create a new cash account number in General Ledger.
- Create a new bank.
- In General Ledger, create a journal entry to move the balance from the old cash account number to the new cash account number.
Note: If you have Cash Management, verify the checkbox to create adjusting entries is marked.
- Open Banks and click Edit Account Details for the old bank.
- Mark the old bank account as inactive.
- Open the new bank account and mark the new bank account active using the newly created cash account.
Note: When running reports, you must include both cash accounts because the history of the old cash account will not change, so you need to include both the old and new account numbers for the entire history to show.