1. Click on the Data Health Center module.
- Depending on your version of The Raiser's Edge you may also need to select the Data Health Center tab at the top center of your database to access the main Data Health Center page.
3. General tab
- If submitting all records leave the first Include button as it is. The default is All records. If submitting a query click the first Include button > Selected records, search and select your query. How to Create a query for constituents to include in the screening .
- Note: All records need to have a name and at least one address line. We recommend running an AddressFinder screening (BB65882) prior to this service so that all addresses are current and in a standardized format.
- In the Address to check frame it is recommended that you leave Selected addresses as your selection. Selected addresses defaults to the Preferred address of your constituents. Otherwise click Include > Selected addresses and select your address.
- Note: For version 7.80 or higher, do not export all addresses when using the DeceasedFinder export in the Data Health Center. This causes a constituent to export and count as a record multiple times. For example, if John Doe has four addresses and the option to export all addresses is selected, John Doe exports four times. He is counted against the total record count for the update four times, not just once. In addition, duplicate Deceased Attributes will be returned in the update file.
- In the Head of Household processing frame, select Export only constituents marked Head of Household, Export the first constituent found, or Export both constituents separately. It is recommended to leave this defaulted to export both constituents separately.
- Mark the appropriate check boxes in the Include these Constituents frame. You can choose to include Inactive constituents and Constituents with no valid address.
- Mark Create control report to get a report of the records and addresses that are submitted. Set it to preview.
- Mark Create exception query to generate an exception file at the end of the export. The file contains all fields the program did not successfully export.
- Mark Create an output query to create a query of all records exported.
- Enter your name in the Your Name field.
- Enter your phone number in the Phone Number field.
- Enter your email address in the Email Address field.
- Review the information to confirm your selections are correct.
7. In the Save Static Query window Input/Select preferences for records being submitted > Click Save.
8. In the Save Static Query window Input/Select preferences for records with exceptions > Click Save.
9. The DeceasedRecordFinder Export Control Report can be previewed and exported by clicking the White Envelope with a Red Arrow icon or the Export Report icon depending on your version of RE once the report appears.
10. Click the "X" icon at the top right once you are finished with the Export Control Report to complete the submission process.
- Note: If you do not exit out of the report your data will not be exported.
For the US version of The Raiser's Edge versions 7.50 - 7.71 and the Canadian or UK version of The Raiser's Edge:
- Create a query of the constituents to include in the screening
Note: All records need to have a name and at least one address line. We recommend running an AddressFinder screening prior to this service so that all addresses are current and in a standardized format.
Using the selected records from your query, export the following fields in CSV (comma-separated values) format:
Constituent Import ID
Address Line 1
Address Line 2
Note: The file must only contain these fields and they must be in this order or the file will be unusable.
- Name the file deceased.csv.
- Transfer the file to our FTP site
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org when the file has been successfully transferred. Provide: Contact Name, Site ID and DeceasedRecordFinder as the service you would like to have the file screened for.