- An Attendance Type defines the category of each type of attendance available to employees, such as Sick, Vacation, or Personal.
- Attendance Codes are more specific subcategories linked to Attendance Types. Attendance codes contain a short description, long description, and status.
For example, you could define subcategories for your Sick attendance type, such as: Daily, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and FMLA.
- In Configuration, click Attendance Types
- To add a new attendance type, click New Attendance type and enter the description for the attendance type. Click OK.
Note: Because attendance types are added less frequently, the button to add them is located at the bottom of the attendance type frame.
- Highlight the new Attendance Type and click New Attendance Code on the task bar
- Enter the Attendance Code and Description.
- If using time sheets, select whether or not to associate a pay type with this attendance code
- After exiting Configuration, the new Attendance code can be used when adding attendance on employee records