If you don't get the results you expected when running the Pre-Generation Report in Automatic Transaction Generation (BB203516), ensure you've completed the End-of-Year Procedures for Student Billing (BB221777)and check each of the following items.
Note: If you have already generated the charges on the the student records incorrectly, then manually delete the generated charge/credit (BB276920) from the student's record.
- During the generation process, check that the correct parameters have been defined:
- On the General tab:
- Verify the date range is correct
- Verify you are generating the correct charges and credits. The choices are:
- Automatic Billing Items and Scheduled Charges/Credits
- Automatic Billing Items only
- Scheduled Charges/Credits only
- TRP Schedules and Charges
- Verify the transactions to be generated will fall within the selected date range
- If you want to generate transactions for billing items without a bill code, ensure All Records is selected in the field titled For automatic billing items without a bill code, generate billing schedules for
- If generating TRP charges, ensure the transactions to be generated fall within the selected date range for basing TRP charges
- To generate transactions for the next school year, in the For grade-based billing, use the students grade as of field, enter a date which falls in the next academic year, or, if Registrar's Office is not installed, mark the For grade-based billing, use student's next grade checkbox.
- Mark Include payers on credit hold.
- On the Filters tab:
Verify that All Records (or the appropriate query) are selected when generating. To test the parameters, select one record and preview the results.
- On the General tab:
- On the Fee record in Configuration:
- Ensure the fee's status is active. If not, ensure you have selected the correct fee, or change the status to active.
- Ensure that a bill code exists exist on the billing item. If a bill code is not assigned to an automatic fee, you must decide during transaction generation to generate for all records or no records.
- If the billing item amount varies by grade (BB210386), check that the billing item is defined for all the applicable grades. Also, check that the correct amounts are associated with each grade.
- Check the billing item's distribution. If you are generating for only July and the billing item is distributed 100% to August, the billing item will not generate.
- Verify that the billing item is established as an automatic billing item. If not, remove the billing item from the student's record.
Delete the billing item (BB276963) and re-add it as automatic (BB202965). Add the billing item back to the student's record.
- Check to see if the option Do not allow schedule to be overridden is marked. If a default schedule is defined on the Student's record , the program will always use the billing item's schedule for generation.
- On the Student's record:
- Verify that the bill code exists on the Bill Code tab.
- If Registrar's Office 7 is installed, in the Automatic Transaction Generation parameters, note the date entered in the For grade-based billing, use student's grade as of field:
- Ensure the student has a Student Progression Entry (BB136344) for the Academic Year containing the specified date
- Ensure the Billing Item specifies an amount for the student's grade at time of the specified date
- If Registrar's Office 7 is not installed, ensure the student is enrolled in a grade for which the fee applies.
- If generating an advance deposit, check the Activity tab to make sure the advance deposit is fully funded.
- If transactions generate for a fee schedule added in error, delete the fee schedule (BB276068).
- Check the billing item's scheduled dates. If needed, modify the fee schedule (BB269006).