Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
Follow these steps to add or delete a particular attribute from all or a selected query of records.
- In Administration, select Globally Change Records.
- Select Applicants (or Students) and click New Change.
- From the Available Fields window in the left frame, double click the line that reads Attribute (It will be the first one in the list and does not contain a plus sign next to it).
- Select the appropriate operation:
- Add to add the attribute to the records
- Delete to delete the attribute from the records
- In the Category field, select the attribute to be added or deleted.
- If adding the attribute, be sure to fill out the Description field. Enter the Date and Comments as appropriate.
- If deleting the attribute, leave the Description field blank to remove the entire attribute from every record in the database. To only delete specific descriptions, enter the appropriate description into the Description field.
- Click OK.
- On the Filters tab, Click Include to select a query (recommended). To reduce the time, create a query of the records containing that attribute and process the global change based on the query.
- Click Preview Changes to view the changes.
- Click Change Now to process the Global Change.