- In Records, add a pledge or recurring gift
- Select Gift, Links, Membership
- On the Link Gift to Membership screen, mark the checkbox in the Link? column by the membership you want to link to the pledge or recurring gift
- On the bottom left, click Membership Renewal Schedule
- On the Membership Renewal Schedule screen, mark the Renewal Schedule Information checkbox and enter the appropriate renewal schedule
- Click OK
Note: See Add Renewal Schedule plug-in to globally add the Renewal Schedule Information if this has not been set in gifts already added.
- On the Link Gift to Membership screen, enter the appropriate amount in the Amount Applied column of the membership you selected
- Click OK
- Click Save and Close
- In Batch, automatically generate transactions/payments
- Under If a transaction/payment is generated for a gift that is linked to a membership, select Apply the payment to the same membership option marked. When you mark this checkbox and select to automatically generate pledge and recurring gift payments, payments are linked to the same membership that is linked to the pledge or recurring gift. If the payment generates a renewal, then the payment is linked to the renewal.
- Select all other appropriate options on the Automatically Generate Transactions/Payments screen
- Click Generate Now to begin generating gift records for pledge and recurring gift transactions
- Click Close. You return to the Batch Data Entry screen for the gift batch. The generated payments and transactions appear in the grid.
- Commit the batch
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.