- On the navigation bar>click NetSolutions.
- On the NetSolutions Options page> click NetMail.
- On the NetMail screen, click New Email.
- On the New Mail screen, in the Select export field, select the export file containing the email recipients and the fields you want to include in your message.
Note: To create an export, click Add a New Export.
Note: The export used will determine the email addresses considered for sending the email. If you are sending an email to Parents, you would need an Individual Export. If sending to Students, you would need a Student Export.
Note: Faculty that are also parents will not be included in the individual Exports. You would need to create an export that is a Faculty Export of those records that are also parents, and resend the Parents email using the Faculty Export.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the email. This name appears on the NetMail screen when you save and close the email.
- In the From field, enter your email address.
- In the Subject field, enter the purpose of the email. This appears in the Subject field of the sent email message.
- In the Email type field, select the email type to use when sending the email message. The options available depend on the phone types in the Phone Types table in Configuration.
Note: The program sends the message to the email address of the selected type associated with the person's primary address. If a person does not have an email address associated with the selected type, the program does not send a message to him.
- To create a query of all people to whom the email was sent, mark the Create static query when submitted checkbox.
Note: When you open the query in Query, add first and last names to the output so you can identify the records.
- Write and format the text in the right pane as you would in a word processing program.
- To include an exported field, place your cursor where you want to add the field :
- In the left pane, click the plus sign to the left of the field category.
- Double-click a field.
- To load information from another file (in .htm, .html, or .txt format), select File, Load from File.
- To add an email address to the message, place your cursor in the text where you want to add the email address:
- In the left pane, under General Links, click the plus sign beside Email Addresses to expand it.
- Double-click New Email Address Link.
- On the Insert Email Address screen, in the Name field, enter how the email address will appear on the confirmation message.
- In the Address field, enter the email address to link to.
- Click OK.
Note: After you add an email address, it appears in the tree view so you can select it again.
- To add a Web page link to the message, place your cursor in the text where you want to add the link:
- In the left pane, under General Links, click the plus sign beside Web Pages to expand it.
- Double-click New Web Page Link.
- On the Insert Link to a Web Page screen, in the Description field, enter how the Web link will appear on the confirmation message.
- In the Address field, enter the URL for the Web link beginning with http://
- Click OK.
Note: After you add a Web page link, it appears in the tree view so you can select it again.
- To add an image, place your cursor in the text where you want to add the image:
- In the left pane, under General Links, click the plus sign beside Images to expand it.
- Double-click New Image Link.
- On the Insert Image screen, in the Description field, enter a description of the image.
- In the Image File field, click the browse button to search for and select the image.
- In the Alignment field, select how to align the image with the text.
- Click OK.
Note: After you add an image, it appears in the tree view so you can select it again.
- If you have NetInquiry, to insert a link to one of your inquiry pages, place your cursor in the text where you want to add the link. In the left pane, double-click the inquiry page under NetInquiry Links.
- Click Save and Close to save your message and return to the NetMail screen or select File, Submit from the menu bar to send your message.
- On the HTML Format Preview tab, you can see how your message appears on systems accepting HTML format.
- On the Text Format Preview tab, you can see how your message appears on systems accepting text format.
- Click Submit.
- When the upload is complete and the information is submitted, a confirmation message appears stating how many emails were sent.
- To return to the email, click OK. The fields of the email are now disabled.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.