- In Registrar's Office Configuration, you control the time frame in which students can access the Registration page in NetClassroom
- You determine whether they can use NetClassroom to enter course requests or enroll in classes
- You determine if parents and relations can view and approve student course requests in NetClassroom
- You can give teachers and advisors rights to view and approve student course requests in Faculty Access for the Web
How to prepare to use Online Course Requests and Enrollment
- On the General tab of each course record in Records - Courses, specify the course department(s)
- On the Restrictions 2 tab of each course record in Records - Courses, confirm a record has been defined for the appropriate academic year and session
- On the Bio 2 tab of each teacher's record in Records - Faculty/Staff, select a department and position in the Department/Position grid. If applicable, select the position that designates the faculty member as head of the department.
- To allow a faculty member to view all course requests for his current advisees, confirm the Current advisor checkbox is marked on the Bio 1 tab of the record in Records - Faculty/Staff and the appropriate schools are marked on the Restrictions 1 tab
- Write down how the students will be grouped, the time frame during which a group can enter requests, what courses they can request, and how many requests they can enter
- If needed, create queries to group students (such as by grade level or core curriculum) and courses (such as by department, grade level, or course type)
- Define as many security groups as needed based on the rights you want to grant to faculty. The three possibilities are:
- Faculty members that do not have access to course requests
- Faculty members that can view course requests
- Faculty members that can view and approve course requests
- Provide information about NetClassroom to students and relations.