- In Registrar's Office, choose Configuration and click NetClassroom
- Select Registration Setup
- In the Check for the following exceptions when entering requests/enrollments box, mark checkboxes for the exceptions the program should check when students are entering their requests in NetClassroom
Note: Students cannot override the exceptions you mark
In the Display course using field, select Course ID, Course Name, or Course ID - Course Name
In the Department heads are designated with field, select which position is considered a department head
- You define positions in the Position table in Configuration
- Department heads can access all student requests for courses in their department
- More than one faculty member can be designated as the department head for a department
- A faculty member can be the department head of multiple departments
- In the Sort/requests enrollments by field, select Department, Course ID, Course Name, or Course Type
Note: This determines how information is sorted in NetClassroom and when viewing requests by student in Faculty Access for the Web
- In the setup grid, you define access to the Registration page in NetClassroom for a school, academic year, and session. Click New on the action bar.
- Select the School, Academic year, and Session.
- In the Instructions for registration page box, enter the text to appear in NetClassroom. You can enter hyperlinks in the instructions.
Note: To enter a hyperlink, you must begin with the applicable prefix, such as http://, https://, ftp://, or mailto:
- In the Students can field, select enter requests or enroll in classes depending on preference
- Enter Request will allow students to enter request. This may be ideal preference for K-12 schools.
- Enroll in Classes will allow students to enroll directly in classes. This may be an ideal preference for colleges.
- To display credit information in NetClassroom, mark the Show credit information for courses selected checkbox
- To add a group of students to the setup, click New Group on the action bar
- On the New Group screen, in the Group name field, enter a name for the group
- In the Start date and End date fields, enter the date range that the students can access the selected academic year and session in NetClassroom.
- If you selected "enter requests" in the "Students can:" field on the first Setup screen, you will see the Maximum number of requests field. Enter the maximum amount of requests that a student can enter.
- The number you enter should include mandatory course requests
- The number you enter should include the rows you enter in the Requests for Students to Enter grid on this screen
- A main request with an alternate request counts as one request
- A global alternate counts as one request
- Mark the Can enter checkbox if students can enter alternate requests. Then select if students can enter main alternates only, global alternates only, or both main and global alternates.
- In the Students are restricted to the following courses field, you can select a course query so students can request courses only within that query. If you do not select a query, students can request any course associated with the selected school with restrictions defined for the selected academic year and session.
- In Relations can approve/view information from [ ] to [ ], enter the date range that the students' relations can view and approve requests in NetClassroom
- In the students grid, you can filter the students included in the group. Note: Students must have Student Progression Entries for the selected school, academic year, and session to be included. Without a progression entry for the registration year, students will not be able to register for classes. The Current Grade field is looking at the Current Grade present on their Bio1 tab.
- In the next grid, you can set up specific requests to appear for students to select.
- In the Text column, enter the text to appear on the page. For example, Enter math request
- In the Include column, choose Selected, and select the courses that comprise the students' options
- Click OK to return to the New Group screen
- Click OK to return to the New Setup screen
- Click Save and Close to save the setup and return to the Registration Setup page
Note: When you leave the Registration Setup page, your settings are saved automatically