- On the Payroll Processing page, click Create Calculations.
- In the Calculations batch description field, enter a description. The program generates a unique ID for the batch.
- Enter the period ending date range from for the batch.
- In the Calculations are for this pay date field enter the pay date.
- In the Pay calculations from bank account field, select your payroll bank account.
Note:This bank is saved with the calculation and becomes the default for the calculation every time you run it.
- If any employees receive a pay other than their regular pay and you a separate check or EFT for each pay, mark Create separate payments for each calculation. If the calculations have the same pay dates, you can leave the checkbox unmarked to pay them in one check or EFT. If the calculations have different pay dates, a separate check will print for each payment.
- To create an exception query of employee records, mark Create exception query.
- Click Next or select the Filters tab.
- Select any appropriate filters.
Note: Use caution when filtering pay types, benefits, and deductions to ensure that you do not exclude employees or amounts you want included in the calculation.
- Click Next or select the Time and Attendance Batches tab.
Note: The Time and Attendance Batches tab appears only if uncalculated time and attendance batches exist. Once Payroll calculates a selected time and attendance batch, it cannot be calculated again. For more information, refer to How to enter a time sheet batch.
- Mark the checkbox for the batches to include in the Include column next to each batch, or click Select All to mark all the batches.
- Click Next or select the Summary tab. Employees meeting the criteria selected on the General, Filters, and Time and Attendance Batches tabs appear in a grid.
- Each record is automatically selected In the Create? column. Unmark the checkbox for any record to exclude from the calculation or click Deselect All to exclude all the records.
- Click Create Calculations Now to start calculating. If you selected the option to create an output query, you will be prompted to name and save the query.
- When calculations complete, a screen displays the number of records processed, number successful, and number of exceptions. If exceptions are created and you selected to create an exception query, it appears when calculations are complete.
- Close the screen to return to the Payroll Processing page. To view results of the processing, click View Control Report.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.