Log out of NetClassroom, wait a minimum of 20 minutes, and then log back in to see if the new changes appear.
If the change was made more than 20 minutes ago, you have confirmed the change was correct, and the database is on a version earlier than 7.60.250, patch 17, download and install the latest version and cumulative patch for NetClassroom (BB234908) and take the following steps after installing the patch:
- Browse out to the NC7 folder and open the web.config file
- Under the CacheExpiration setting, add the following line in the <appSettings> section:
<add key="CacheCheckInterval" value="30" />
- Under the <system.web> section, add the following block:
<add name="BackgroundCacheService" type="Blackbaud.Web.FE.NC7.BackgroundCacheService,Blackbaud.Web.FE.NC7" />
Restart IIS (will affect any other web product on the server)
Set NetClassroom web.config to clear cache more often:
Note: Only recommended during initial setup. If server has to constantly clear the cache, you will see performance degradation.
- On the web server, browse out to the NC7 folder
- Open the Web.Config file in Notepad
- Go to the <add key="CacheExpiration" value="60" /> line in the 3rd section
- Change the value="60" to a smaller number. The number listed here is the number of minutes before the system refreshes.