The first user to log into the website after the any of the following changes will experience a slow load time due to NetCommunity establishing this worker process within IIS. Subsequent load times will be normal:
- Reboot the Web server
- Restart IIS
- Application pool worker process timeout
Note: The application pool worker thread timeout can be adjusted within IIS. This setting can effect other websites on your Web server, so care should be taken before making a change. Refer to Microsoft's Technical Overview of Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 for details on adjusting settings within IIS.
Adjusting the timeout setting:
- Click Start, Settings, Control Panel and open Administrative Tools
- Open the Internet Services Manager
- Expand Application Pools, right-click on the application pool your website is running under, and select Properties
- Select the Performance tab
- Adjust the Idle Timeout setting as needed for your organization and click OK
Note: We provide links to third-party websites in an effort to help you resolve your issue. We are not responsible for the information on third-party websites, and we cannot assist in implementing the solutions on these websites.