- In Records, click Deposits and open an existing deposit or create a new deposit for the receipt.
- Select the Payments tab of the deposit.
- Click Add Payment.
- In the Payment from field, enter who the payment is from or for.
- In the Payment date field, enter the date the payment was received.
- In the Category field, select a category from the table or add a new category. The category describes the source of the payment, such as Vending machine revenue or Yearbook advertising.
- In the Receipt status field, select Not yet printed, Printed, Do not print, or Reprint.
- In the Description field, enter a description of the payment or other identifying information about the payment, such as the reason for the payment.
Note: The information in the Post status and Post date fields defaults from the deposit record. You post deposits, not individual payments. If you want to post a payment separately, create a separate deposit for it.
- In the Payment method field, enter the method of payment
Note: Credit card payments should not be added to deposits containing other types of payments, especially cash and checks. Credit card payments may take longer to clear the bank, which may cause problems when reconciling.
- In the Print this address on receipts field, enter the address where the receipt will be sent.
- Select the GL Distribution tab and enter the appropriate distribution.
- Click Save and Close.
If the individual payment should be split among multiple products, refer to: