In 7.96 and above, this issue can occur if one of the records being merged is missing information in a required field, such as the Date from field on an Assigned Solicitor. To resolve this:
- Check each field on the constituent record, relationship records, etc. for a required field that is blank.
- Enter valid information in this required field.
- Go to Config > Fields and unmark Required for the problem field. If the checkbox next to the field is grayed out, the field is Required by default and cannot be changed.
- Examples of some of the affected Constituent IDs
- Backup of the database
- Version of Raiser's Edge and screen shot of Help > About the Raiser's Edge
- Create a new blank constituent with just a Last Name (and any other required fields)
- Merge one of your existing records into this new record (don't choose the option to delete the source constituent)
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for the second of the constituent records that needs to be merged (this will result in a total of four records for this person)
- Once you have verified that these two merges processed successfully, delete the original two records
- Merge the two new records together.